Gluten free, Dairy free, Vegan
This bread has become my favourite “go to” bread. Super easy to make, and flexible depending on what ingredients you have, and what you like. Highly nutritious, packed with plant based protein and fibre, this bread will keep you going in more ways than one!
Bake, slice up and keep in the freezer, then pop straight into the toaster. Helping you to stay organised – making it easier to make better food choices and stay out of the overwhelm.
My favourite way – with avocado, maybe some tomato too and ground himalayan salt and black pepper. Or banana. Yum!
SERIOUSLY SATISFYING SEEDY BREAD
Here’s what you need:
- 3/4 cup quinoa flakes
- 3/4 cup buckwheat groats
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup flax seeds
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 4 TB psyllium husks (3 TB if you use psyllium powder)
- 2 TB chia seeds
- 3 TB olive oil
- 2 cups water
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add the oil and water, mix well.
- Put into a loaf tin lined with baking paper. Leave to rest for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.
- Put into cold oven, turn on to 170 and bake for 30 minutes. Turn loaf out of tin and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Leave to cool and enjoy!
This loaf is versatile, you can change out the ingredients to suit what you have, what you prefer and what your system runs well on. Maybe use sunflower seeds or almonds, I’ve also added cranberries and some mixed spice to make a sweet loaf. Or you could add some herbs. Have fun trying out different combos.
You can mix up in the morning before work, and leave it to sit for the day and bake that night. Super easy.