Not only is this lemon honey chicken recipe super quick, easy and delicious, it contains the anti inflammatory spices ginger and tumeric. These support your immune and digestive systems. Yellow and orange fruit and vegetables provide carotenoids and the most common one in yellow plants is beta-carotene. This is easily converted into vitamin A when ingested and vitamin A improves the body’s ability to heal and improves vision.
Citrus also provide vitamin C, which is an essential nutrient. This means we need to get it through our diet as our body can’t make it. Use the skin of organic lemons, you’ll get an extra hit of vitamins and minerals and know that they contain no sprays or residues.
I like to use organic chicken and my favourite is Bostock’s Organic Chicken grown right here in Hawkes Bay. They even use compostable packaging!
Double the recipe or make extra and enjoy leftovers for lunch or dinner the following night. My philosophy is cook once, eat twice and make life simple.
Lemon Honey Chicken
- 500 grams skinless chicken breast or thigh
- 1 - 2 tbsp coconut or olive oil
- 1/2 tspn dried ginger (or more according to your taste) or use fresh ginger if you have it
- 1/2 tspn dried tumeric
- 1 large lemon - juice and rind
- 1 - 2 tspn honey (or more if required)
- 1 tbsp cornflour + water to mix
- Add oil to pan, slice chicken finely and add to pan
- Stir fry for a few minutes
- Either peel rind off finely with a veggie peeler, or use a zester. If you've peeled it, chop the rind finely and add rind + juice to the chicken
- Add all other ingredients excluding cornflour and water. Simmer until cooked
- Thicken with cornflour and water paste
- Garnish with a sprinkling of sesame seeds, which will give you some added calcium.
- Grind over some black pepper if you enjoy it
- Or add a sprinkling of chopped parsley for another shot of nutrients
If you’re ready to make healthier food and lifestyle choices, but aren’t sure where to start, get in touch for a free 20 minute chat.
Maybe I’m that person to guide you and help you find the answers that are right for you.
Here’s to the future! The only limitations are the limits of our imagination. Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud at thigh volume. That’s what we do for a living.Song