Not only is this recipe super quick, easy, and delicious, it contains the anti inflammatory spices ginger and tumeric, which support your immune and digestive systems.
Yellow and orange fruit and vegetables provide carotenoids and the most common one in yellow plants is beta-carotene. This is easily converted into vitamin A when ingested; vitamin A improves the body’s ability to heal and vision. Citrus also provide vitamin C, which is an essential nutrient – this means we need to get it through diet as our body can’t make it.
Using the skin of organic lemons, you’ll get an extra hit of vitamins and minerals.
Lemon Honey Chicken
- 500 grams skinless chicken breast or thigh
- 1 - 2 tbsp coconut or olive oil
- 1/2 tspn dried ginger (or more according to your taste) or use fresh ginger if you have it
- 1/2 tspn dried tumeric
- 1 large lemon - juice and rind
- 1 - 2 cups water sufficient to make sauce to your taste
- 1 - 2 tspn honey (or more if required)
- 1 tbsp cornflour + water to mix
- Add oil to pan, slice chicken finely and add to pan
- Stir fry for a few minutes
- Either peel rind off finely with a veggie peeler, or use a zester. If you've peeled it, chop the rind finely and add rind + juice to the chicken
- Add all other ingredients excluding cornflour and water. Simmer until cooked
- Thicken with cornflour and water paste
- Garnish with a sprinkling of sesame seeds, which will give you some added calcium.
- Grind over some black pepper if you enjoy it
- Or add a sprinkling of chopped parsley for another shot of nutrients