- Soak 1 cup of dried, pitted dates in boiling water (or combo of dates, prunes, gojis).
- While soaking, blitz 1 cup almonds (or nut/seed combo of your choice) in food processor, process till still a little chunky.
- Strain the dates, retain the soaking water.
- Add dates, 1 t ground ginger, zest of 1 lemon and 2 Tb lemon juice to food processor and blend well.
- If mixture is too dry, add a small amount of the date soaking water until you get the right consistency.
- Put into a slice container and into the freezer to firm up.
3 Tb coconut oil
2 t ground ginger
1 small Tb (or less) honey, maple syrup or rice syrup
Combine all ingredients in small pot and heat slowly until melted and well blended. Spread over base and back into freezer or fridge to set.
- I keep the date soaking water for a day to two in the fridge and may use as a sweetener in other dishes like curries, smoothies or soups.
- Limes or oranges would be great in place of lemon, use more to suit your liking.
- Use more or less ginger to suit your taste – fresh would be good too.
Have fun making and Enjoy!
body and soul