GF DF RSF
These yummy muffins are super simple, and easy to make vegan/egg free by swapping out the egg with a chia or flax egg.
Perfect to make in the weekend for the week ahead. Store in an airtight container or freeze and whip one out in the morning for a snack at work.
Being organised with food is the key to keeping on track with healthy habits. Set yourself up for success!
Loaded with good fats and protein, these will keep your feeling full for longer and help keep your blood sugars stable. Use less honey to reduce the sugar content.
They’d be great with a spoonful of coconut yogurt smeared across the top! Or bring in a citrus flavour by leaving out the cinnamon and add a good amount of lemon or orange zest.
Blueberry Almond Muffins
- 1/2 tspn Baking soda
- 1/2 c plant based milk
- 1 egg Replace with a chia or flax egg for vegan option
- 1/4 c almond/peanut/or anything nut butter Fix and Fogg Anything butter is awesome!
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1/4 c honey Or less to suit
- 2 tspn avocado oil
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract optional
- 2 c almond flour Blast up whole almonds in processor if you don't have almond flour
- 1 tspn ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/2 c frozen or fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Mix first 9 ingredients together well, then leave to stand for a few minutes to allow chia seeds to absorb liquid
- Add almond flour, cinnamon and salt, mix well then add the blueberries
- Into muffin tins, bake approximately 20 minutes. Allow to cool in containers
What’s a chia egg?
The perfect egg substitute in vegan recipes like pancakes, waffles, cakes, and more!
Mix 1 tbsp chia seeds with 2 1/2 tbsp water, mix and leave 5 minutes to thicken. That easy!